Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thankful For You Card

I created this card as one of my first cards when I was trying out my new Recollections Chalk Ink pads.  I found it challenging to do the flower; but it didn't turn out too bad.  I thought the inside of the card was good; but the flower could be better.  The videos made it look so easy.  I just need more experience working with the chalk ink.  I thought I would share it with you.  I created this card before I got my Cricut Expression; which I absolutely love.  It is a simple card using scrapbook punches.

 


Front page of card.  Used Recollections basic white card - 6  1/2 by 5.  I found the larger cards are easier to work with than the little ones when you are adding a few layers.  The stamp was Stampendous Cling Jumbo Peony Set.



This is an inside view of the card. 





Supplies used for this card:

Card - Recollections basic white 6 1/2 X 5 card
Flower - Stampendous Cling Jumbo Peony Set
Ink - Versamark; Recollections Chalk Ink pads - colors Seafoam, Tutu and Breeze
Paper for front - Martha Stewart Essential paper pad
Brads for front - not sure of the brand
Cardstock - Recollections
Paper for inside - Pink marble 24 lb. copy paper
Quotes - Hot Off the Press 1000 card quotes
Scrapbook punches - Little flower - Recollections; Dragonfly - Marvy Uchida; Little butterflies - Martha Stewart; Large butterflies - EK 3 in one punch; Edger - Recollections
Foam mounting tape for large butterfly and little flowers

Some day I will practice more on this flower and see if I can get better in using the chalk ink.  If anyone has any tips; I would greatly appreciate it.  I have no problem with markers and colored pencils; but inks are a challenge to get the right amounts in the right places.  I know it is a learning process; but I love it and have to continue to try until perfection.  HA!

Thank you for stopping by.  Please leave a comment.  I welcome any tips you might have.  You can leave them under comments or email me at purpleglo13@gmail.com.

Have a great day and keep on creating.  I love reading your blogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria